Submarine is always looking for new opportunities with international co-producers and partners! In case you are considering shooting (part of) your feature film/documentary in The Netherlands, we can offer a 35% cash rebate on production costs spent in the Netherlands by international film productions.
How to access the 35% cash rebate:
The Netherlands Film Production Incentive applies to feature films, feature length animated films and feature length documentaries.
- For feature films and feature length animated films, the budget has to be at least 1 million euro.
- For feature length documentaries, the minimum budget is 250.000 euro. The minimum Dutch production spend is 100.000 euro.
- At least 50% of the financing should be in place at the time of applying.
- Eligible applications are ranked based on a standardized point system is used to assess whether a production meets sufficient criteria to qualify for the program.
- Even after shooting is completed, application is possible for post-production activities
Submarine has extensive experience with international co-productions and the Netherlands Production Incentive. We offer international producers the possibility to apply for the cash rebate through Submarine as a co-producer.
For more information on Dutch cash rebate, see the Netherlands Film Fund website.
As the premier animation studio in the Netherlands, Submarine creates compelling and visually-stunning stories for both the big and small screen. We partner with artists from across the globe to produce innovative and original animation in all varieties – adult animation, children films and series, hybrids and animated documentaries.
Our studio accommodates up to 250 artists, working on commissioned work as well as our own (co)productions. We created a modular pipeline using industry standard software such as TVPaint, Toon Boom Harmony, Blender and Nuke.
Submarine works in a wide range of styles where the project is the guiding light. We are always interested in finding new ways of creating interesting visuals, mixing classical styles with new technologies. We work with 2D cut-out, traditional hand drawn, rotoscoping, clay models, oil paintings, 3D and any combination of the aforementioned.
Submarine Studio is always in search for talents and interns for all departments. Please send us your resume and showreel to email@example.com with ‘Job studio 2022’ or ‘Internship studio 2022’ in the subject.