Head of Productions
Submarine produces high-quality and innovative series and films for the international market. We are looking for an experienced Head of Production to lead and oversee our live action production team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in production management, with a proven track record of successfully leading series productions. They will be responsible for ensuring that our products are manufactured to the highest standards, and that our production team is working efficiently and effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of production, from pre-production through post-production, including production scope, schedules, estimates, and technical needs.
- Work with the executive producer and other members of the production team to ensure that the project stays on schedule and within budget;
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the production office, including recruiting and supervising production staff;
- Be responsible for initial recces and setting up productions;
- Handle logistics for shoots, both in the studio and on location, including securing permits, coordinating travel, arranging transportation, and booking hotels
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers;
- Monitor the progress of post-production, including editing, sound design, and visual effects;
- Coordinate the release of the finished product, including marketing, distribution, and publicity;
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times, even under pressure;
- Willingness to work long hours, weekends, and holidays as periodically needed;
- Have a thorough understanding of all aspects of production, from development through post-production
- Prepare budgets, cash flow requests and other materials for Executive Review
- Liaise with the Creative and Technical departments to ensure that production needs are met
- Drive efficiency and improve quality by implementing tools, best practices, internal frameworks, components and standards
- Manage other related filming such as behind the scenes, trailers, content library
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ability to multitask, collaborate across cross-functional teams, detail-oriented, problem-solver; organized and autonomous;
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships;
- Exceptional organizational skills and detail-oriented to manage many projects simultaneously;
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch (reading, writing and speaking);
- Knowledge of Postproduction flow;
- Knowledge in union and guilds preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in physical production (Television drama);
- Be a proven leader who cares about culture, building relationships and delivering best-in-class work;
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office, MS Outlook, Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
By joining Submarine, you will become an integral part of an international team of highly skilled and passionate professionals operating in an environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and collaboration across scripted high-end TV, documentaries, and animation features and series. We value diversity and actively encourage individuals who bring unique perspectives and experiences to our organization.
Submarine is committed to creating a supportive work environment. Our headquarters are located in the historic and vibrant LAB111 in Amsterdam, which houses an arthouse cinema, bar, and restaurant. With different departments collaborating closely, Submarine offers excellent opportunities for professional growth and advancement in diverse directions.
If you possess a genuine passion for producing exceptional scripted content and thrive in a dynamic and professional environment, we invite you to apply. Join Submarine on this exciting journey and contribute to our ongoing success.
To apply, please submit your updated resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Submarine. We eagerly anticipate receiving your application and getting to know you better.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Maaike Kors, please mention in the subject line “Head of Productions Submarine”.