Documentary Line Producer (freelancer)
Submarine is a production studio in the heart of Amsterdam, specialized in conceiving and producing films, documentaries, animation series, games and interactive productions, from concept to final product. We produce many international documentaries, with makers from the Netherlands and beyond, for channels and distributors such as VPRO, NTR, AVROTROS and foreign channels such as VRT, ZDF, ARTE, Netflix, CNN and the BBC. We offer a fun working atmosphere in a creative, open and informal organization.
We are looking for a freelance line producer that we can work with on a regular basis for either one or multiple projects and in cooperation with the producers and the production team at Submarine. As a line producer, you will be responsible for the planning, the budget and the contracts for various documentaries and/or documentary series. It is a varied job; you will be involved from the development to the post-production of a project. This involves, for example, submitting subsidy applications to funds in the Netherlands and abroad, drawing up budgets, starting up (co)productions and implementing these within the financial limitations of the project, production and financial supervision, creating invoices, concluding contracts and maintaining good cooperation with the director and team as well as with the producers at Submarine.
– An ambitious, experienced creative/line producer who is able to manage one or several of our documentary productions every now and then
– You are flexible and you can respond well to changing priorities
– You can contribute to thinking in a creative (solution-focused) way, you have an eye for detail and maintain a good overview
– Higher vocational education/university education working and thinking level
– A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an line producer at a production company with the production of documentaries
– You have a good network of potential crew members and new talent in the audiovisual sector
– International experience is an advantage
– You should ideally live in Amsterdam or the surrounding area
For questions and/or further information about this role, you can contact us on email@example.com or by phone on +31 (0)20-8204940.
If you are interested, please email your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.