Business Affairs Executive (0,5 – 1,0 FTE)
Submarine is looking for a Business Affairs Executive (0,5 – 1,0 FTE) to join Submarine’s film and television division with offices in Amsterdam, London and Los Angeles.
This role will support services across all scripted, animation and unscripted deals, will report to the founders/managing directors and is based out of either Amsterdam of London.
Submarine is an award-winning production company that develops and produces scripted series, features, documentaries, and animation productions. The company has established itself as an innovative company, working across multiple genres and platforms, all with an international focus.
We are looking for a someone who is confident at papering a range of deals – above-the-line talent deals (i.e., writer, director, cast, etc.), development deals, underlying rights deals (i.e., original scripts, book rights etc.), sales agreements, co-production agreements and production deals – but who will also take a strategic and creative approach to dealmaking, with the view to maximising value across our slate and building commercial partnerships that will benefit the company over the long term.
Ideally, we want someone who appreciates the creative side of the business, sees the value in talent relationships and will take a pro-active and innovative approach to our commercial planning. Furthermore, they will support the company’s team to address production issues as they arise. This business affairs executive must be able to manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently and remain cool and levelheaded in pressurized situations.
You will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interact with producers, agents, managers and outside attorneys, and be able to efficiently communicate status with other members of the Submarine team (producers, finance etcetera).
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science and Law Degree/Qualified Solicitor or equivalent
- Experience in negotiating deals in entertainment business and with working for a (scripted) production company or studio; comprehensive working knowledge of international film and television industry business models and development and production methodologies; understanding of various international media business models and streamer deals.
- Capable of addressing multi-territory guild regulations (WGGB, Equity, DGA, SAG-AFTRA, and WGA); thorough understanding of contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry)
- Excellent drafting, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills; ability to work in multi-national environments.
- Knowledge of UK and/or Dutch law system(s); trusted and established relationships with UK and/or Dutch agents and lawyers.
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude towards flagging and solving issues
What we offer:
Joining Submarine means becoming part of an international group of ambitious professionals operating in an informal and highly creative atmosphere. We are an organization in which we embrace diversity of people. With comparable suitability, we give priority to people who make our organization even more diverse. Submarine actively organizes a variety of events for its personnel.
A market conform salary, based on experience and education/training.
How to apply:
Interested? Please send your CV and letter of motivation to Maaike Kors at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Submarine’s offices will be closed between the 24th of December 2022 and 1st of January 2023.
For more information on the company please see www.submarine.nl